Vessel Registry program for AP2HI members
The AP2HI Vessel Registry Program is a program of data collection and registration of fishing vessels owned by member companies of AP2HI and fishing vessels owned by individual fishermen supplying the catch for member companies of AP2HI. This program ensures that all fishing vessels owned by companies under AP2HI are all legal. The program is instrumental to combat IUU fishing practices.
National and international registration
The fishing vessels from AP2HI members are registered officially in AP2HI database and also registered internationally in International Seafood Sustainability Foundation (ISSF). It shows that vessels owned by members of AP2HI are not involved in IUU fishing practices.
Towards more sustainable and responsible practices
Through the AP2HI Vessel Registry Program fishermen are also encouraged to adhere to the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) of Vessel Registry compiled by AP2HI, which includes:
- the commitment to implement sustainable and responsible fishing practices
- to provide necessary data
- mitigate the risk of capturing protected animals
- prohibit shark finning at sea and
- combat IUU Fishing
The Activities in the AP2HI Vessel Registry Program are:
- Collecting data of AP2HI members’ vessels;
- Compiling database of vessels under AP2HI;
- Registering vessels of AP2HI members to national government databases, such as R-VIA Tuna;
- Conducting Internal audit of the vessels owned by AP2HI members to verify vessel database;
- Marking the vessels of AP2HI members with AP2HI-logo permanent sticker;
- Enforcing SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) for fishermen in fishing.
If you would like to learn more about AP2HI Vessel Registry program: