Liaison with government and other stakeholders
The Liaison Program is a program that aims to increase cooperation with the government and other stakeholders. The objectives of the FIP program are also incorporated into this program. That means all actors are aligned to achieve a sustainable and responsible tuna fisheries sector. Moreover, this program also prepares Indonesian skipjack-tuna fisheries to gain MSC eco-label certification.
The main activities of this program include:
- Maintaining good relation and cooperation with the government and other stakeholders;
- Arranging the placement of on-board observers on the member companies’ vessels;
- Preparing and conducting ICTBF (International Coastal Tuna Business Forum);
- Encouraging the government to develop, to stipulate and to implement the harvest strategy;
- Encouraging the government to develop, to stipulate and to implement tuna management plan;
- Conducting analysis related to compliance and violation level from fishing vessels in Indonesia towards MMAF regulations;
- Encouraging the implementation of the FIP Steering Committee on a regular basis.
Learn more about our Government Liaison Program: